In addition to planning permission from Southwark Council, we have now received approval from Dulwich Estate for a new house located on a narrow site between two Grade II listed buildings.
We have received planning permission and listed building consent for the renovation and extension of a Grade II listed Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired house in Solihull, West Midlands.
The original house was built between 1955-59 by D. Rosslyn Harper of Yorke, Harper and Harvey for himself. This is one of many FLW inspired homes designed by the practice in the West Midlands.
The site was previously refused permission three times before we became involved. We worked with Jon Lowe Heritage and in consultation with the 20th Century Society we developed a scheme acceptable to everyone involved.
A new master bedroom with a larger family dining space and generous kitchen were among our client’s main goals for the project. We located the extension at the rear of the property to minimise the impact on the key view identified from the main road. We also suggested reinstating the originally proposed garden wall complete with a Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired gate to increase privacy and security, also helping to further shield views of the extension.
For the renovation of the existing building, our main concern was to improve thermal efficiency and therefore sustainability by upgrading the poorly performing building envelope.
The existing single-glazed windows are proposed to be refurbished with new Fineo integrated glazing units that were able to fit into the existing minimal frames while improving thermal performance significantly. This coupled with new modern insulation on the flat roofs and walls will make the house more thermally efficient and therefore environmentally sustainable while preserving the special architectural character of this listed building.
Our extension to the cricket pavilion in Hemingford Park is well underway and is expected to be complete this summer.
We are very happy to announce that after an invited competition we have been selected to design the new Parish Rooms for the Richmond Team Ministry, adjacent to the Grade II* listed St. Mary Magdalene in the centre of Richmond.
Our winning scheme drew inspiration from some ancient rock sketches, perhaps scrawled by Pythagoras himself, the famous son of Samos, which we found on that Greek island.
Our conservation works have now been completed at the church of St Peter’s Petersham in Richmond. This included repointing of the tower, reroofing, and repairing and replacing cast iron guttering throughout.
The c20 Society has supported our proposal for the restoration, refurbishment, and extension of a Grade II listed house built in 1955 by Rosslyn Harper for himself.
The house incorporates references to the work of Frank Lloyd Wright. The sensitive siting and scale of the extension distinguishes it from the main house while remaining sensitive to Harper’s original design.
Our conservation and refurbishment project at Reliance Arcade in Brixton has reached practical completion.
We have recently applied for permission to build a 2-storey residential property above an existing shop in the old port of Dun Laoghaire, south Dublin.
The proposal includes partial demolition of derelict buildings along the 50m site and the development will provide a large 3 bedroom family home in the commercial centre of the town.